6D Sydney - Melbourne Coastal Drive
• 5 nights accommodation in Kiama, Batemans Bay, Merimbula, Lakes Entrance & Phillip Island
• Dolphin Watch Cruises Jervis Bay
• 6 days car rental (Toyota Corolla Sedan or similar)
Day 1: Sydney to Kiama Drive time 2h | Distance 95km
• Take a scenic drive through the Royal National Park. • Detour to Glenbernie Apple Orchard for some seasonal fruit-picking, honey and cider tastings (pre-booking for fruit-picking required). • Visit Symbio Wildlife Park to pat, cuddle or feed a host of furry and feathered friends. • Get magnificent views at Bald Hill Lookout, one of the best hang gliding spots in the world. • Follow the Grand Pacific Drive across the stunning Sea Cliff Bridge. • Visit Nan Tien Temple, largest Buddhist Temple in the southern hemisphere. • Skydive the Beach at Wollongong and take in spectacular views as you freefall over the beach at 14,000 ft. • Discover Australia’s premier treetop walk and zipline experience at Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures. • Overnight in Kiama (Stay: The Sebel Kiama or similar).
Day 2: Kiama to Batemans Bay Drive time 3h | Distance 210km
• Hop on the Bigfoot 4WD to enjoy an adventurous climb up Mt Coolangatta and drive through the vineyards. • Take a cruise at Jervis Bay to see dolphins and even whales during their migration season between May and November). • Discover the white sand beaches and clear turquoise waters. • Stop over for Fish & Chips at Innes Boatshed, Ulladulla. • Spot resident kangaroos at Pebbly Beach. • Sample fresh oysters at Batemans Bay in Australia’s oyster coast. • Overnight in Batemans Bay (Stay: Batemans Bay Lincoln Downs Resort & Spa or similar).
Day 3: Batemans Bay to Merimbula Drive time 2h30min | Distance 200km
• Venture out on a kayaking tour with Region X to explore the coastal waterways. • View the magnificent coastline with a scenic flight aboard the South Coast Seaplane. • Take a cruise to Montague Island with Island Charters Narooma, where you can snorkel, scuba dive or swim with seals. • Take a leisurely walk along Mill Bay Boardwalk to view the rugged coastline and ‘Australia Rock’ from Bar Rock Lookout. • Stop at the historic township of Central Tilba. • Taste a wide variety of local cheese at Bega Cheese Heritage Centre. • Follow the coast to Merimbula and visit the charming coastal villages along the way. • Overnight in Merimbula (Stay: Robyns Nest Luxury B&B or similar).
Day 4: Merimbula to Lakes Entrance Drive time 2h | Distance 95km
• Join a whale watching cruise at Eden, a prime spot for sighting southern right and humpback whales. • Visit the Eden Killer Whale Museum to discover the long history of whales in the area and relics showcasing past human interactions. • Continue your trip through to Victoria and explore more beautiful and authentic coastal and inland regions. • Overnight at Lakes Entrance (Stay: Waverley House Cottages or similar).
Day 5: Lakes Entrance to Phillip Island Drive time 4h | Distance 275km
• Stay: Ramada Resort or similar
Day 6: Phillip Island to Melbourne Drive time 1h | Distance 55km
• Stay : Melbourne City hotel or Apartment.